We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check out our disclosure policy for more information.
To me, Churros is one of the tastiest, unique desserts there is (unfortunately there isn’t a lot of places around where I can get them).
I used to just wait until there was a fair of some sort or a food truck to have these tasty things, but then I came up with this recipe and now I can have churros whenever I crave them!
This is a super easy recipe that’s perfect to make for company, your kids, or even just to treat yourself!
These are crispy on the outside, and warm and squishy on the inside!
- Piping Bag with Star Tip
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Fit piping bag with star tip. Whisk cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup organic sugar in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Bring milk, butter, salt, 1 tablespoon organic sugar, and ½ cup water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Using a wooden spoon, add in flour quickly and mix fast using the back of the wooden spoon for about 30 seconds until it's a dough. Remove dough and place it in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let cool slightly for abour 5 to 7 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-low speed, add eggs to dough, one at a time, making sure to incorporate each egg before adding the next. Make sure to scrap sides of the bowl to be sure everything incorporates into the dough. Dough will come together and be easy to spoon into a piping bag. Spoon dough into prepared piping bag.
- Pour vegetable oil into a small sauce pot to come halfway up the sides. Using a deep fry thermometer bring oil to 350 degrees Pipe out about 4 to 5 inches of dough and cut off with a knife quickly. Fry up to three at a time like this. Cook for 2 minutes each side until lightly golden brown. Remove to bowl with sugar, organic sugar, and cinnamon. Toss and place on cooling rack.
- Serve warm. Can also be paired with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or a raspberry sauce.